The Health Innovation Roundup, sponsored by Health City, is written and published weekly by Taproot Edmonton to bring you the latest news and events in research, technology, companies and people changing health for the better in Edmonton.
Sign up to get the full edition delivered directly to your inbox. Use the code HEALTHCITY & you’ll get 10% off the first year.
- In a new U of A study, researchers found that the complex package of DNA and proteins called chromatin is neither a solid nor a liquid, but something more like a gel. Researchers said that the discovery could lead to a better understanding of diseases like cancer.
- U of A research has found that elite athletes who suffer concussions are more likely to have symptoms of anxiety and depression than those who sustain other bodily injuries.
- President and CEO of the University Hospital Foundation Jodi Abbott is featured in a new article published in the Edmonton Journal.
- Alberta Health Services is offering a free series of virtual workshops to support Albertans with chronic pain and long-term health conditions. The workshops will run over a six-week period starting in February.
- Edmonton growth-stage biotechnology company Ceapro announced that the company’s president and chief executive officer Gilles Gagnon will present at the H.C. Wainwright BioConnect 2021 Virtual Conference taking place Jan. 11-14.
- Applied Pharmaceutical Innovation (API) CEO Andrew MacIssac is featured in the latest issue of Edmonton’s Modern Luxuria magazine.
- API is hiring a new clinical and regulatory specialist, medical writer who will oversee the writing of clinical and regulatory documents.
- Applications for Alberta Innovates Summer Studentships are open until Feb 3. The program provides funding to support students engaging in medical and health sciences research and innovation.
- Stage 1 applications for the Alberta Innovates Health Innovation Platform Partnerships program are due Jan. 15.
- President of Allegorical Alchemy Clare Gibson is one of the recipients of the Edifier Awards 2021. Gibson is a health researcher and filmmaker who’s known for her passion of combining science and art.
Have a suggestion for a future edition? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Become a “Roundup Cultivator” and sponsor Taproot Edmonton to help them chronicle health innovation in Edmonton. Learn more